Friday, May 04, 2007

Lamentations...

For anyone who has never read Lamentations I urge you to do so. It is easily one of the saddest books in the Bible and a tragic gathering of poems used to describe our sinful transgressions and Gods just wrath on His people. While reading Lamentations a picture came to mind that horrified and saddened me beyond words. I pictured a small infant being held by its mother, with eyes closed in pain from hunger and thirst, to weak to move or open its eyes as I read, "The tongue of the nursing infant sticks to the roof of it's mouth for thirst; the children beg for food, but no one gives to them" (4:4).

It also tells of a steadfast faith in the Lord despite an an unbearable punishment. And regardless of the affliction and pain of Gods fury and disappearance because of our sin, it describes a hope in an almighty Creator who continues to love despite wrong done to Him. It describes God as merciful and faithful; (3:21-24)

21. But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
22. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23. they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

Let us learn from Lamentations. Enjoy and let the Spirit of an almighty God fill you in every way at all times for His glory alone.

3 comments:

Sara Maria said...

YESSSS months of Obsessive compulsively checking your blog finally paid off. And I can now go on living a normal life. Well...forget the last part. But yay!

Daughter of the Most High King said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daughter of the Most High King said...

Two things...

One. Your blog was really great. It's hard to remember things like that when you're going through a lot but it's great when people help you see it. I wrote this comment before but I wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and your family. I love you guys and I'm so glad that you're a part of the family.

And Two. I SAW 300! I'd been waiting to hear from you since I saw it so I could tell you. LITERALLY one of the best movies ever. May have replaced The Last Samuri as my second favorite action movie of all time. It was wonderful.

Hope to see you soon. (It has been quite a while, because I saw 300 before Easter.)

Mel

Blog Archive